January 18-22, 2024
Enjoy a rejuvenating escape away from your daily routine and bask in the history and blissfulness of the beaches of San Juan, Puerto Rico. On this Caribbean Island getaway with WTA you will find yourself lost among the beauty of the unincorporated U.S. territory. Isla Verde of San Juan, Puerto Rico is an area known for its hotel strip, beaches, bars, and casinos; located not far away from Old town San Juan. The historical neighborhood of Old town San Juan features colorful Spanish colonial buildings and massive, centuries-old fortresses El Morro and La Fortaleza.
Each year thousands of people – both locals and travelers – show up in Old San Juan to party day and night for the San Sebastian Day Festival. The festival brings nearly 400 artists and local musicians who take part in the annual festival. The parade is filled with lively, bright and colorful costumes, and traditional vejigantes masks. From Old town San Juan to the natural beauties of the El Yunque tropical rainforest there will be no shortage of sights to behold. Join WTA on this Puerto Rican adventure as we celebrate the culture, history, and natural beauty of this wonderful country.
- Activity Level
DAY 1 – January 18 – Welcome to San Juan, Puerto Rico! Arrive at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU), and private transportation will bring you to your accommodation. After settling into your hotel, join your new travel companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
DAY 2 – January 19 – Day time is the right time for the San Sebastian Festival in Old town San Juan. Artisans from all parts of the island will be sharing their goods as we walk through the streets. Partaking in the local street foods and joining in on the parade is how you experience this festival. Throughout the day we will dance our way through the town and at night the city will come alive with bars and clubs to continue the fun.
DAY 3 – January 20 – FREE Day. Enjoy a day of shopping, take a trip to local historical sites, try your hand at scuba diving, or kick back on one of the many local beaches. In the evening, we will converge for a phenomenal dinner to round this day out.
DAY 4 – January 21 – This day we will embark on a day trip adventure to the El Yunque tropical rainforest. Our tour guide will take you on a grand tour of El Yunque’s lush green woods to explore the natural waterfalls, breathtaking views, and enjoy a soak in the water, with an opportunity to slide down a natural waterfall. After this full day we will head back to the hotel to celebrate our adventures and new friends with a farewell dinner.
DAY 5 – January 22 – Private transfer will take you back to Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) for your connecting flight to the US.
*Please note that this is a tentative itinerary and it is subject to change.
- 5 days & 4 nights accommodation
- Single occupancy boutique hotels
- Airport transfers
- Local transportation
- Tour of El Yunque Rainforest
- FREE Day to explore
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily group lunch (excluding FREE DAY)
- Daily group dinner
- Covid antigen testing for USA re-entry, if applicable
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Roundtrip airfare to Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU)
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals not listed above
- Optional excursions and tours not listed above
- Gratuities and tips for personal services
Your trip is a BIG investment. If you cannot afford to lose the money you have invested to travel, for whatever reason, WTA strongly recommends you consider travel insurance. We encourage you to do your due diligence by researching and finding the best plan for YOU.
Suggested Travel Insurance companies are below. Ensure you inquire about a “Cancel For Any Reason” plan.
- Traveler must make a NONREFUNDABLE deposit payment of $400 at time of registration to secure her spot.
- Monthly minimum payment of $400 is required on the first of every month until paid in full to keep your reservations current.
- Final payment must be made 90 days before the trip date.
- A 50% refund can be requested prior to 6 months before the trip start date found in your invoice.
- No refunds for cancellations within 6 months of the trip date found in your invoice.
- A $250 penalty will be charged for any outstanding balance after the final payment date found in your invoice.
- For inquiries, contact wtaadmin@