Is Women Travel Abroad a travel agency?
Who can I call at WTA if I have any questions or concerns?
What are the activity levels and general fitness requirements to travel?
How do you choose my roommate arrangements?
- Women Travel Abroad offers single occupancy on all trips UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
- If room share is offered the shared rooms will have 2 beds and are non-smoking rooms unless otherwise noted.
- Travelers will share a room with a woman of similar age whenever possible.
- No special request, of any type, regarding your roommate can be accommodated.
- If you wish to room with a specific person, put her name on the reservation form or advise WTA upon registration.
- After Final Payment, no changes can be made to the room type (double or single occupancy).
- Once on tour, a traveler wanting a single room, for whatever reason, must pay for a single room directly with the hotel, if available.
What if I want a refund?
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO WTA’s CANCELLATION POLICIES.
If you cannot afford to lose the money you have invested in your travel, for whatever reason, WTA strongly recommends you consider travel insurance. There are several Cancellation Insurers in the marketplace. WTA recommends you contact your health insurance provider and research on your own to decide the best plan for you.
Do I need a passport?
It is your responsibility to check that your passport is valid 6 months past the date the tour ends, to get a new passport in a timely manner, and to provide the new passport information to WTA (if requested) by Final Payment due date. If the traveler is unable to attend trip due to expired passport, any refund of monies will be based on WTA cancellation policies as of the date of withdrawal from the trip.
Arrival, Transfers and Delays
- Travelers arriving by air are responsible for allowing sufficient time to deplane, gather luggage and travel to the designated meeting location to join the tour. WTA will not delay the departure of the group for travelers arriving after the designated tour start time as listed in the individual itineraries.
- Travelers are required to provide WTA with their flight arrangements no later than the final payment due date of the tour. Travelers are also required to notify WTA in the event the airline should change the arrival or departure time of a flight.
- On tours where scheduled transfers are provided, travelers who elect to take alternate transportation to the hotel, for any reason, will not be reimbursed for the transfer expense incurred.
- Travelers who are delayed for whatever reason are responsible for notifying WTA of their situation and to communicate regularly with WTA as to their anticipated arrival time. Delayed travelers are responsible for joining the group as soon as possible and at their own expense if their arrival occurs after the last scheduled transfer.
What if WTA doesn’t have enough people and cancels the trip?
In the event of a cancellation by Women Travel Abroad, all monies paid to WTA for the canceled tour will be promptly refunded to the traveler. Women Travel Abroad is not responsible for any penalties imposed by the airlines.
Do I need travel insurance?
Cancellation insurance is strongly advised and recommended. Any questions about what travel insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company.
Your personal medical insurance generally does not cover you when traveling. To cover the risk of a medical emergency or accident while traveling, you should consider purchasing medical evacuation insurance.