August 10-16, 2023
Marrakesh, Morocco is a magnificent place and one of WTA’s most sought-after itineraries – for good reason! Lively markets, desert treks, hiking to remote vistas and beaches, and flavorful dishes are all reason you should join this intrepid adventure.
Jemaa el-Fna, which means ‘assembly of the dead’, is Marrakesh’s main square, and will be at the center of your visit. Each day, your group will embark on a journey to discover the hidden gems of this region: Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains, camel rides through the desert, traditional spa rituals, walled port cities along the Atlantic Coast, colorful Souks, and a visit to a women’s Argan Oil co-op. A week in Morocco is sure to spice up your life!
Note: We recommend leaving the US on August 9 so that your flight arrives the morning of August 10 – early enough to participate in Day 1’s activities. Should you wish to arrive on August 9 instead, pre-trip hotel charges will be added to your final bill.
- Activity Level
Day 1 – August 10 – Arrive at Marrakech Menara Airport (RAK), and private transportation will bring you to the riad. After settling in, a welcome dinner on the rooftop awaits your group of new travel companions.
Note: We recommend your flight from the US arrives before 2pm on August 10 to allow adequate time to join the day’s activities.
Day 2 – August 11 – Your group will spend today in Agafay, a city in the vast desert, where you will experience remote Berber villages. Here, life is simple and easygoing – the way it should be. At your leisure, you can enjoy time at the pool or take a camel ride into the desert.
Day 3 – August 12 – You deserve a little R&R! Today is a dedicated spa day at a traditional Moroccan hammam. These bathhouses consist of multiple rooms, dedicated to cleansing both body and soul according to traditional rituals.
Day 4 – August 13 – Enjoy a private day tour of Essaouira, a port city on Morocco’s Atlantic Coast. The old town is protected by 18th-century seafront ramparts called the Skala de la Kasbah, which were designed by European engineers. This afternoon, enjoy lunch on the beach followed by FREE TIME for shopping or relaxing by the water.
Day 5 – August 14 – FREE DAY to schedule another spa day, check out Yves Saint Laurent Museum, or even walk the souk for more shopping.
Day 6 – August 15 – Today, your group will learn of the harvesting techniques used by the women of a local Argan Oil co-op. Afterwards, you will escape to the Medina Souks and experience traditional shopping in Marrakech. This evening, toast to a vibrant week of new memories in Morocco.
Day 7 – August 16 – A private transfer will take you back to Marrakech Menara Airport (RAK)) for your connecting flight to the US.
*Please note that this is a tentative itinerary and it is subject to change.
- 7 days & 6 nights’ accommodations
- Single occupancy, luxury hotel
- Airport transfer
- Local transportation
- Ourika Valley, Berber village, and Atlas Mountains Tour
- Traditional Moroccan Hammam Admission
- Private Essaouira Tour
- Jemaa el-Fna shopping Tour
- Tour of Women’s Argan Oil Co-op
- FREE DAY to explore
- Daily breakfast
- Daily group lunch (excluding FREE DAY)
- Daily group dinner
- COVID antigen testing for USA re-entry, if applicable
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Roundtrip airfare to Marrakech Menara Airport (RAK)
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals not listed above
- Optional excursions and tours not listed above
- Gratuities and tips
Your trip is a BIG investment. If you cannot afford to lose the money you have invested to travel, for whatever reason, WTA strongly recommends you consider travel insurance. We encourage you to do your due diligence by researching and finding the best plan for YOU.
Suggested Travel Insurance companies are below. Ensure you inquire about a “Cancel for Any Reason” plan.
- Traveler must make a NONREFUNDABLE deposit payment of $400 at time of registration to secure her spot.
- Monthly minimum payment of $400 is required every month until paid in full to keep your reservations current.
- Trip balance must be PAID IN FULL by May 9, 2023.
- Penalty of $250 will be assessed on any balance due after the May 9, 2023 final payment deadline.
- Cancel by June 9, 2023 for a 50% refund (not to include your nonrefundable deposit).
- NO REFUNDS after June 9, 2023.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions.